Baton Rouge Halloween Safety Tips for 2015
Posted On behalf of Simien & Simien on Oct 29, 2015 in Automotive
Spooky decorations, scary movies, jack-o-lanterns, candy and costumes all make this time of year very exciting for children. With Oct. 31 being on a Saturday this year, it will be even more enjoyable for youngsters and parents alike.
While in the midst of all the celebration, it can be easy to forget about the importance of safety. To help Louisiana families have an enjoyable and safe Halloween, Simien & Simien, LLC has prepared this simple list of tips.
Safe Halloween Costumes:
- Avoid masks – Most Halloween masks restrict vision, making it harder for your kids to see cars and other dangers.
- Get flashy – You can use glow sticks, flashing lights and reflective tape to make your child more visible to drivers.
- Wear fire resistant cloth – Make sure your costume is made of flame-retardant material so your youngsters don’t accidentally catch fire from a jack-o-lantern.
- Keep it short – Don’t get costumes with capes, robes, skirts or other flowing material that will drag behind and pose a tripping risk. If you do, cut them shorter, at least above the ankles.
Supervise & Communicate:
- Supervise younger children – If your kids are under 12, make sure they have an adult with them to make sure they stay out of the road and don’t enter any stranger’s houses.
- Plan ahead – For unsupervised children, make sure you communicate with them. Plan the exact route they will be walking ahead of time, and give them a strict curfew.
- Talk about it – Have a conversation about safety with your kids the day before and day of Halloween. Remind them to stick to the sidewalks and make sure they understand the risks of pedestrian accidents
We at Simien & Simien, LLC wish you and your family a safe and fun Halloween. If you or your children have been injured due to another party’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact our Baton Rouge personal injury attorneys today for a free consultation.
Call (800) 374-8422 today for a free case evaluation.