Making Safety Resolutions for the New Year
Posted On behalf of Simien & Simien on Dec 30, 2014 in Personal Injury
Each New Year, we vow to make this year different whether it is to eat healthier and lose weight or to make that big career change. No matter what your goals are though, the first step in completing them is writing them down.
The attorneys at Simien & Simien think that this year Louisianans should focus on developing better driving habits and becoming more aware of what they buy. To help you ring in the New Year and new you, below is a list of some safety resolutions you should consider for 2015.
Being a Safer Driver
Since 2014 is being considered the year of car recalls, motorists should check if their vehicle has been recalled. Visit safercar.gov to look up current and previous recalls by vehicle make, model, year and VIN number.
Some other safe driving resolutions to consider:
- Stop using your cellphone while driving, unless it is an emergency.
- Use your turn signals
- Stop tailgating
- Learn to control your emotions and prevent road rage
- Always wear your seatbelt, even if you’re only driving somewhere that is less than five miles away
Tens of thousands of products are recalled each year due to the injury risks that such products post to unsuspecting consumers. Keep your family safe in 2015 by adhering to the following consumer safety resolutions:
- Sign up for the warranty, it is often the best way to know a product is being recalled
- If you are injured by a product, report it to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
- Watch for product recall news; recalls can also be looked up on the CPSC website
- Always read the fine print, including product warnings
- Do your research about the product before buying it. Has anyone been injured because of it? Do consumers have safety concerns about the product?
At Simien & Simien, our personal injury lawyers believe that the safety of drivers, passengers and consumers should be a top priority next year.
If you or someone you love has been injured by a careless driver or a defective product, a car accident lawyer from our law firm can help you determine what your legal options are.