Baton Rouge Office
7908 Wrenwood Blvd.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70809
Eulis Simien, Jr., graduated from McNeese State University with a B.A. in Political Science in December of 1977. Eulis attended Louisiana State University’s, Paul M. Hebert Law Center. He graduated with honors in 1981 and was a member of the Order of the Coif. Eulis received an LL.M. from Columbia University School of Law in 1987. Eulis was a member of the faculty at the L.S.U. Law Center from 1984 through January, 1994. Eulis received tenure in the shortest possible time after joining the faculty, and he remains an active member of the adjunct faculty.
Simien & Simien
Upon leaving full-time status at the L.S.U Law Center, Eulis became a member of the Simien & Simien Law Firm. Eulis is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, Fifth and Eleventh Circuit United States Courts of Appeals, all federal district courts in Louisiana, the Louisiana Supreme Court and all inferior state courts.
Eulis Simien maintains a general trial and appellate practice with emphasis on the areas of Personal Injury, Admiralty and Maritime, Class Actions, Complex Litigation and Criminal Defense.
Speaking Engagements & Literary Works:
- Starting Your Own Practice (Panel Discussion), LSU Law Center, August, 2006
- Summary Judgment: It’s Not Just for Defendants Any More, Louisiana Trial Lawyers Last Chance Seminar, New Orleans, Louisiana December, 2004
- Procedure and Evidence (Louisiana Judicial College, New Orleans, Louisiana, March 2000)
- Law Center, Recent Developments -- Legislation and Jurisprudence (Louisiana Tobacco Litigation and Beyond, December, 1999)
- Louisiana State University Summer School For Lawyers, (Jury Selection), Baton Rouge, Louisiana, July, 1993
- Louisiana Judge’s Conference, Lafayette, Louisiana, April, 1993
- Fifteenth Judicial District Public Defender Program, Criminal Litigation Seminar, Lafayette, Louisiana, November, 1992
- Louisiana Judicial College, Summer School for Judges, San Destin, Florida, June, 1992 (2 Panels -- Criminal Procedure and Avoiding Federal Habeas Relief)
- Louisiana Judicial College, Evidence and Procedure, New Orleans, Louisiana, February, 1992
- Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Summer School for Lawyers (Criminal Law and Procedure), Baton Rouge, Louisiana, July, 1990
- Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Summer School for Lawyers (Criminal Law and Procedure), Baton Rouge, Louisiana, July, 1989
- Louisiana Trial Lawyers, Criminal Law Seminar (Ethical Conflicts and Criminal Practice), Baton Rouge, Louisiana, May, 1989.
- Presented the address for the Southwest Louisiana Bar Association Law Day Ceremony "Reflections on Access to Justice," in Lake Charles, Louisiana in May, 1989.
Eulis Simien’s publications include:
- Cases and Materials on Criminal Adjudication (first published in 1987, now in its Seventh Edition)
- Criminal Law and Procedure: 1991-1992 in Review, 53 La. L. Rev. 771 (1993)
- It is a Constitution We are Expounding, 18 Hastings Constitutional Law Quar. 67 (1990)
- Faculty Symposium, Recent Developments in Search and Seizure, 51 La. L. Rev. 405 (1990)
- Faculty Symposium, Recent Developments in Criminal Procedure, 50 La. L. Rev. 229 (1989)
- The Interrelationship of the Scope of the Fourth Amendment and Standing, 41 Ark. L. Rev. 87 (1988)
- The LSAT as a Barrier to Almost Twenty Years of Affirmative Action, 12 T. Marshall L. J. 359 (1987)
- The Courts and Inflation, Trial, Vol. 20, No. 7 (July, 1984) (Co-authored with James A. George and Dr. W.P. Culbertson)
- Analysis: Culver v. Slater Boat Co., et al, The Forum, Vol. 15, #1 (Fall, 1982) (Co-authored with James A. George)
- A casebook for the L.S.U. Criminal Trial Procedure Course, Cases and Materials on Criminal Adjudication, L.S.U. Now in its seventh edition.
- Updates to the Louisiana supplement to a national case book, Louisiana Case Supplement For The Police Function (By: Miller, Dawson, DixandParnes)
- (1991 and 1992 updates only).
Louisiana State University’s, Paul M. Hebert Law Center - honors 1981
Columbia University School of Law - LL.M 1987
Fifth and Eleventh Circuit United States Courts of Appeals
All federal district courts in Louisiana
The Louisiana Supreme Court and all inferior state courts
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
Louisiana State Law Institute, Member & Reporter for multiple committees