Eulis Simien - Partner Attorney
About Mr. Eulis Simien
Mr. Simien is a Partner at the law offices of Simien & Simien, LLC and brings more than three decades of legal knowledge and experience to the firm.
Eulis is a graduate of McNeese State University, where he received a B.A. in Political Science in December, 1977 and then attended Louisiana State University’s, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, where he graduated with honors in 1981. As a member of the Order of the Coif. Eulis also received an LL.M. from Columbia University School of Law in 1987.
From 1984 through January, 1994, Eulis was a member of the faculty at the L.S.U. Law Center and received tenure in the shortest possible time after joining the faculty.
With an impressive list of courtroom victories and negotiated settlements to his credit, Mr. Simien is highly regarded among his peers within the legal community and a valued leader of our legal team.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- United States Supreme Court
- Fifth and Eleventh Circuit United States Courts of Appeals
- All federal district courts in Louisiana
- The Louisiana Supreme Court and all inferior state courts
- The Texas Supreme Court and all inferior state courts
- Cases and Materials on Criminal Adjudication (first published in 1987, now in its Seventh Edition)
- Criminal Law and Procedure: 1991-1992 in Review, 53 La. L. Rev. 771 (1993)
- It is a Constitution We are Expounding, 18 Hastings Constitutional Law Quar. 67 (1990)
- Faculty Symposium, Recent Developments in Search and Seizure, 51 La. L. Rev. 405 (1990)
- Faculty Symposium, Recent Developments in Criminal Procedure, 50 La. L. Rev. 229 (1989)
- The Interrelationship of the Scope of the Fourth Amendment and Standing, 41 Ark. L. Rev. 87 (1988)
- The LSAT as a Barrier to Almost Twenty Years of Affirmative Action, 12 T. Marshall L. J. 359 (1987)
- The Courts and Inflation, Trial, Vol. 20, No. 7 (July, 1984) (Co-authored with James A. George and Dr. W.P. Culbertson)
- Analysis: Culver v. Slater Boat Co., et al, The Forum, Vol. 15, #1 (Fall, 1982) (Co-authored with James A. George)
- Updates to the Louisiana supplement to a national case book, Louisiana Case Supplement For The Police Function (By: Miller, Dawson, DixandParnes)
- (1991 and 1992 updates only).
Speaking Engagements & Literary Works
- Starting Your Own Practice (Panel Discussion), LSU Law Center, August, 2006
- Summary Judgment: It’s Not Just for Defendants Any More, Louisiana Trial Lawyers Last Chance Seminar, New Orleans, Louisiana December, 2004
- Procedure and Evidence (Louisiana Judicial College, New Orleans, Louisiana, March 2000)
- Law Center, Recent Developments -- Legislation and Jurisprudence (Louisiana Tobacco Litigation and Beyond, December, 1999)
- Louisiana State University Summer School For Lawyers, (Jury Selection), Baton Rouge, Louisiana, July, 1993
- Louisiana Judge’s Conference, Lafayette, Louisiana, April, 1993
- Fifteenth Judicial District Public Defender Program, Criminal Litigation Seminar, Lafayette, Louisiana, November, 1992
- Louisiana Judicial College, Summer School for Judges, San Destin, Florida, June, 1992 (2 Panels -- Criminal Procedure and Avoiding Federal Habeas Relief)
- Louisiana Judicial College, Evidence and Procedure, New Orleans, Louisiana, February, 1992
- Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Summer School for Lawyers (Criminal Law and Procedure), Baton Rouge, Louisiana, July, 1990
- Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Summer School for Lawyers (Criminal Law and Procedure), Baton Rouge, Louisiana, July, 1989
- Louisiana Trial Lawyers, Criminal Law Seminar (Ethical Conflicts and Criminal Practice), Baton Rouge, Louisiana, May, 1989.
- Presented the address for the Southwest Louisiana Bar Association Law Day Ceremony "Reflections on Access to Justice," in Lake Charles, Louisiana in May, 1989.
Memberships & Associations
- Louisiana Association of Justice, Member
- Louisiana State Law Institute, Member & Reporter for multiple committees
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Louis A. Martinet Society (Baton Rouge Chapter)
- McNeese State University with a B.A. in Political Science in December of 1977
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center - honors 1981
- Columbia University School of Law - LL.M 1987
Public Service & Community Involvement
- Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Church, Baton Rouge—Parish Council
- Council of Ministries
- Sacred Heart St. Vincent DePaul Society Conference
- Vice President
- St. Jude Catholic Church (past Member)
- President of the Home and School Association
- Vice President of the Parish Council
Phone: (225) 224-2222