Roy Bergeron, Jr.
About Mr. Roy Bergeron, Jr.
Roy Bergeron, Jr. is originally from Houma, Louisiana. Since 2002, Roy has been a member of the Baton Rouge community. Roy's practice focus includes environmental contamination and property damages, toxic torts,oil and gas litigation, and other environmental litigation matters.
Before joining Simien & Simien, LLC, Roy was an attorney for the Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority, where he represented the State of Louisiana in the Deepwater Horizon oil spill natural resource damage assessment and restoration efforts. While at CPRA, Roy was a member of the team that obtained the largest environmental settlement in United States history, including over $5 billion for restoration of Louisiana's natural resources damaged by the spill.
- Louisiana Supreme Court and all inferior state courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- All United States District Courts in Louisiana
- John P. Manard Jr., Steven J. Levine, S. Ault Hootsell III, J. Alan Harrell, Roy L. Bergeron Jr., and Evan Dicharry, Case Strategy and Trial Management in Toxic Tort Litigation 167 (Arthur F. Foerster & Christine Gregorski Rolph eds., 2d ed. 2013).
- Roy L. Bergeron, Jr., Recent Developments: Environmental Law, 60 La. B.J. 512 (2013).
- Roy L. Bergeron, Jr., Faith on the Farm: An Analysis of Angola Prison’s Moral Rehabilitation Program Under the Establishment Clause, 71 La. L. Rev. 1221 (2011).
Louisiana State University (2006)
- B.A., Religious Studies (minors in political science and anthropology)
- summa cum laude
- member of the Golden Band from Tigerland (2002-2005)
Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center (2011)
- magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Louisiana Law Review
Phone: (225) 224-2222