Our Team of Lawyers

About Our Firm

We are honored that thousands of clients have sought our representation in their legal affairs. Our firm consists of lawyers licensed to practice in Texas, Louisiana & Mississippi. In addition to these states, we provide representation to clients in various other parts of the country with proper local co-counsel associations.
Learn more about us

No Obligation, No Cost, Contact Us Today

Free Case Evaluation

Map 1

Baton Rouge7908 Wrenwood Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70809

Phone: 866-208-9311
Fax: 866-208-9311

Map 2

Lake CharlesCapital One Tower
Suite 1270
Lake Charles, LA 70629

Phone: 866-208-9311

Map 4

Houston3730 Kirby Drive
Suite 1200
Houston, TX 77098

Phone: 866-208-9311

Map 5

New Orleans1615 Poydras Street
Suite 900
New Orleans, LA 70112

Toll Free: 866-208-9311

Update: Simien & Simien, LLC is open and we are here to help you as we know your needs do not stop. The firm is currently open and operating. In light of current public health concerns, please know that we are following all health guidelines to protect both our team and our clients. We are offering virtual meetings by request.

Attorneys Serving Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi

How can I help my fiancée become a permanent resident?

On Behalf of | Mar 10, 2021 | Immigration

You came to the United States to attend university. Then after graduation, you landed a job as an engineer in the oil industry and eventually became a citizen. However, you now have a fiancée in your home country. You want to bring her to the United States and help her gain permanent residency here. What options do you have to make that happen?

Helping a fiancée gain permanent U.S. residency

You have two options to help your fiancée gain permanent residency in the United States. First, you can apply for a fiancée visa if your fiancée is overseas and you want to marry in the United States. With this visa, fiancée can stay in the United States for 90 days. During that time, you can marry and then your new spouse can apply for permanent residency. Your spouse then can stay in the United States while her residency application is reviewed.

Your second option is to marry your fiancée overseas. Then you can file a petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to bring your spouse to the United States as a permanent resident.

If your fiancée has a child who is under age 21, you can apply for a K-2 visa for that child. If your fiancée wants to work here during the 90-day period before you marry, your fiancée can apply for work authorization in the United States. Once you marry, your spouse could apply to have their work authorization extended while she seeks permanent residency.

Getting help with the immigration process

Before you apply for a fiancée visa or your new spouse to receive permanent residency status, you should consult an experienced immigration attorney. The immigration process is complicated. With an attorney’s help, you can give your fiancée a better chance of having her visa approved or your new spouse to receive a green card.

You don’t want to take chances when you want to marry and allow your loved one to immigrate to the United States. You want to ensure you follow the immigration process correctly to ensure your soon-to-be-spouse can stay in this country for the long-term.


FindLaw Network

Free Case Evaluation

Latest From Our Blog

If you are looking for a law firm that has knowledge and experience, you will find it with Simien & Simien, LLC.

Free Case Evaluation

Our team of dedicated Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi attorneys represent injured persons throughout Louisiana, including Alexandria, Opelousas, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Houma-Thibodeaux, New Orleans, Shreveport, Monroe, and throughout Mississippi and areas of Texas including Orange, Beaumont, Port Arthur, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston and the other metro areas.