Fireworks are mainly associated with Independence Day celebrations. Apart from thrilling the audience, fireworks can also cause pain and suffering.
Fireworks-related injuries are reported at an alarming rate any given year, especially around the Fourth of July holiday.
If you or someone you know is injured as a result of negligent handling of fireworks, or a defective product, contact the experienced Baton Rouge personal injury lawyers at Simien & Simien. We offer free legal consultations and can determine if you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
Statistics on Fireworks Injuries
On average, 230 people are admitted to the emergency room during Independence Day celebrations. It is reported that in 2013, 11,400 people were admitted to U.S hospitals for fireworks- related injuries. In 2014, 55 percent of fireworks injuries were extreme whereas 38 percent were head injuries.
Safety Tips When Dealing With Fireworks
- Do not allow children to ignite or play with fireworks
- Ensure that an adult supervises fireworks activities. Personal injuries in Baton Rouge can be caused by sparklers. These sparklers burn at around 2,000 degrees- a heat level that is capable of melting some metals
- When you are lighting the fuse, do not place your body over a the device used for fireworks
- Do not pick up or re-light fireworks that are not fully ignited
- Never throw or point fireworks at someone
- Always light one firework device at a time
- Maintain a garden hose or can of water in case a fire breaks out
- When a firework has burned completely, douse the device with water before discarding it
- Never shoot fireworks in glass or metal containers
How Free Injury Case Evaluations Can Help Fireworks Victims
If you are involved in a fireworks accident, you should contact a lawyer that can provide knowledge and guidance. Getting a free case evaluation enables you to determine the individual or entity at-fault for property damages and personal injuries.
If the fireworks are defective or another person is negligent, you can claim damages in a personal injury case.
If you have sustained injuries from a fireworks incident, you need to hire a fireworks injury attorney. Simien & Simien is well-known for offering exceptional services due to its staff of experienced attorneys who have demonstrated a success rate of over 80%.
Call us at (800) 374-8422 for a FREE case evaluation.