Jimmy Simien - Partner Attorney
About Mr. Jimmy Simien
Licensed to Practice in Louisiana and Texas
Jimmy Simien started what would become the Simien & Simien, LLC firm in 1989. It was his desire to have a firm which could represent injured people and give them the same quality of service and representation as well as level the playing field with Large and Powerful Insurance Companies and the Commercial and Industrial defendants that such ordinary people often found themselves up against. Having experience in litigating in both State and Federal Courts, the firm soon had success in representing injured people in Big Truck Accidents, Off-Shore Admiralty and Maritime cases, Toxic Tort Cases, Class Actions, Automobile Accidents, General Personal Injury Cases, Wrongful Death and other Serious Injuries and litigation. The Firm also was part of the State of Louisiana’s Legal Team, recovering over $4.6 Billion Dollars against the Giant “Big Tobacco” Defendants.
During his tenure with the firm, Jimmy has been chosen by his peers to be Section Chief of the ATLA Litigation Committee involving CCA (Chromated Cooper Arsenate) Wood, which was pulled from the market based upon legal challenges and regulatory challenges by the firm and others.
Jimmy Simien has also handled complex cases involving serious and debilitating personal injuries, including brain injuries, paralysis, burns and electrocutions. He was selected to be a contributing author to Children and Injuries, (Copyright 2001) which is published by Lawyer and Judges Publishing Inc. Jimmy’s contributions to the book include how to properly prepare and handle these types of catastrophic injury cases. He also has written other articles on environmental and toxic tort issues.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Licensed to practice law in both Louisiana and Texas
- Member of the Baton Rouge Bar Association and the Louisiana Association for Justice
- Simien & Simien, LLC welcomes cases and clients from the states of Louisiana and Texas and has attorneys licensed in the State and/or Federal Courts of both states
Education and Legal Career
- Graduated McNeese State University with a B.A. in Pre-Law in December of 1978
- Graduated Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center with a JD, Juris Doctorate Degree, in May of 1982
- Personal injury cases of all types including several recovering well in excess of one-million dollars
- Involvement in several multi-million dollar recoveries in Pharmaceutical Drug cases
- Class Action Litigation including participation in a historical case involving citizens of a small community against Conoco and Condea-Vista, which resulted in a then-record settlement of over $46 million
- An early legal team member representing the State of Louisiana, one of the five key early states to join the "Historic Tobacco Litigation," which generated a $4.6 billion recovery for the state
Phone: (225) 224-2222