Attorneys Serving Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi
- Partner Attorney
Past practice has included significant Nationally litigated cases, also licensed and handles cases throughout Texas and Louisiana and in other states in association with local counsel.
Jimmy Simien started what would become the Simien & Simien, LLC firm in 1989. It was his desire to have a firm which could represent injured people and give them the same quality of service and representation as well as level the playing field with Large and Powerful Insurance Companies and the Commercial and Industrial defendants that such ordinary people often found themselves up against. Having experience in litigating in both State and Federal Courts, the firm soon had success in representing injured people in Big Truck Accidents, Off-Shore Admiralty and Maritime cases, Toxic Tort Cases, Class Actions, Automobile Accidents, General Personal Injury Cases, Wrongful Death and other Serious Injuries and litigation. The Firm also was part of the State of Louisiana’s Legal Team, recovering over $4.6 Billion Dollars against the Giant “Big Tobacco” Defendants.
During his tenure with the firm, Jimmy has been chosen by his peers to be Section Chief of the ATLA Litigation Committee involving CCA (Chromated Cooper Arsenate) Wood, which was pulled from the market based upon legal challenges and regulatory challenges by the firm and others.
Jimmy Simien has also handled complex cases involving serious and debilitating personal injuries, including brain injuries, paralysis, burns and electrocutions. He was selected to be a contributing author to Children and Injuries, (Copyright 2001) which is published by Lawyer and Judges Publishing Inc. Jimmy’s contributions to the book include how to properly prepare and handle these types of catastrophic injury cases. He also has written other articles on environmental and toxic tort issues.
- Personal Injury cases of all types including several recoveries well in excess of one-million dollars.
- Involvement in several multi-million dollar recoveries in Pharmaceutical Drug cases.
- Class Action Litigation including participation in a historical case involving citizens of a small community again Conoco and Condea-Vista, which resulted in a then-record settlement.
- An early legal team member representing the State of Louisiana, one of the five key early states to join the
Professional Affiliations And Memberships
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Louisiana Association for Justice, Member
Education And Legal Career
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Juris Doctorate - 05/1982
- McNeese State University
- B.A. - 1978
- Major: Pre-Law
- Chosen by his peers to be section chief of the ATLA Litigation Committee involving CCA (Chromated Cooper Arsenate) Wood
- Received a one-year appointment as a Civil District Court law clerk in the 19th Judicial District Court in Baton Rouge, LA
- Louisiana Attorney General, Assistant Attorney General
- Louisiana Department of Justice, Assistant Attorney General
- East Baton Rouge Parish, Assistant District Attorney, Liaison
- State Office of Parole and Probations, Liaison
- Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Litigation Firm, 1987
If you are looking for a law firm that has knowledge and experience, you will find it with Simien & Simien, LLC.
Our team of dedicated Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi attorneys represent injured persons throughout Louisiana, including Alexandria, Opelousas, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Houma-Thibodeaux, New Orleans, Shreveport, Monroe, and throughout Mississippi and areas of Texas including Orange, Beaumont, Port Arthur, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston and the other metro areas.