Personal Injury Attorneys in New Iberia, Louisiana
Working with personal injury lawyers in New Iberia, Louisiana, can be a smart move. If you are serious about pursuing compensation after an accident, a legal professional can help you fight for your fair share. Maximizing your settlement may be essential if you are dealing with serious, life-altering injuries that affect your ability to earn an income. By striving for the best possible results, you can make sure you have enough to cover your living expenses despite the burden of your injuries.
How do you find an experienced personal injury lawyer in New Iberia? How can our legal professionals help you, and what kind of strategies do we bring to the table? How do personal injury lawsuits work in Louisiana, and what can you expect as you move forward? For answers to these legitimate questions, it makes sense to book a consultation with a qualified personal injury law firm. Choose Simien & Simien, LLC, and we can explain these details further during our first meeting.
How Can Simien & Simien Help Me Get Compensation for My Injuries in New Iberia?
New Iberia is a city with a population of about 28,500. Originally founded in the spring of 1779, New Iberia was established by Spanish colonists who settled around what is now known as Spanish Lake. Initially, these Spaniards called New Iberia “Nueva Iberia,” but English settlers who arrived later simply called it “New Town.” New Iberia was one of the many municipalities hit hard by Hurricane Ike, and in 2022 it was hit by an EF2 tornado that injured 16 people. Clearly, the residents of New Iberia are no strangers to serious injuries and accidents.
Simien & Simien can help you file a range of personal injury lawsuits:
- Premise Liability: Premise liability lawsuits involve victims who have suffered injuries while on someone’s property. This property is usually some kind of business, such as a grocery store, a restaurant, or a hardware store. Generally speaking, a property owner needs to address safety hazards and avoid injuries on their premises. These injuries may include slips, falls, assaults, burns, and dog bites. All of these injuries may result in lawsuits against property owners.
- Auto Accident: Auto accident lawsuits are very common in Louisiana due to the unfortunate frequency of collisions. You may sue if you were injured as a driver, pedestrian, cyclist, motorcyclist, or anyone who was harmed due to someone else’s negligence.
- Product Liability: You can also sue negligent parties if you were harmed by a defective product. For example, your pressure cooker may have exploded in your face, causing disfiguring burns. Or perhaps you purchased a battery-powered scooter that slammed to a halt without warning, causing you to fall and suffer numerous fractures. Whatever the case may be, you can hold the manufacturer, designer, or marketer of the product accountable.
- 18-Wheeler Accidents: Truck accidents often result in the most devastating personal injuries. Trucks are massive, and they often haul heavy loads. A truck accident can result from a number of factors, and many different parties might be at-fault for resulting injuries. A skilled attorney will help truck accident victims pursue the compensation they need to live a comfortable life after suffering catastrophic injuries.
Filing an Auto Accident Lawsuit in New Iberia
If you were hurt in a car accident, you can sue the negligent driver for causing your injuries. Simien & Simien can show that a negligent driver breached their duty of care in some way. This is necessary under Louisiana’s “tort-based” auto accident laws if you want to receive compensation. Here are a few examples:
Suing for Premise Liability in New Iberia
You can also sue for accidents that occurred on someone else’s property in New Iberia. These lawsuits are called “premise liability lawsuits.” Property owners may be held accountable for a range of negligent actions or inactions. These include:
- Failing to clean up a wet floor
- Failing to sweep away debris
- Failing to repair a set of broken stairs
- Failing to adhere to building codes
- Failing to follow proper medical procedures as a doctor
We Also Represent Our Service in The Following Cities:-
Where Can I Find a Personal Injury Attorney in New Iberia?
If you have been searching for a qualified personal injury attorney in New Iberia, look no further than Simien & Simien, LLC. Call 337-226-0764 to book your consultation today, or visit our website for more information. You will find our offices conveniently located in Baton Rouge and Lake Charles. We have the experience and qualifications necessary to help you navigate your next steps. We are committed to fighting for the rights of injured victims across Louisiana, and you deserve the opportunity to explore your legal options during an initial consultation. Book that consultation today and many uncertain details about your personal injury lawsuit will immediately become clear. Reach out now to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions for a New Iberia Personal Injury Lawyer:
What should I ask my attorney before I hire them?
When you first meet with an attorney you should have a list of questions ready for them.
Some could include :
- What is your success rate with cases such as mine?
- How long have you been handling personal injury cases?
- How much do you charge?
- Are my goals realistic?
- Will you be the attorney that is handling my case if I hire your firm?
Is wearing a motorcycle helmet required by law in Louisiana?
Yes, you must wear a properly fitting helmet with a chip strap while riding a motorcycle in the state of Louisiana.
How can you fight for pain and suffering in a personal injury case?
To prove and fight for pain and suffering in a personal injury case you will need to have medical records to prove your injuries and the severity of your injuries. You will also need to have an expert testimony to prove that you are suffering from the severity of the pain you are in, as well as an expert testimony to help prove any mental anguish. You can also have the testimony of yourself, friends, and family to establish your pain and suffering claim.
Is mediation required for a personal injury case in Louisiana?
You are not required to go through mediation in Louisiana for a personal injury case.
Should I say anything to the other person involved in the accident at the scene of the accident?
You should never admit to any fault or say that you are sorry in the event of an accident. You should speak to the other party to get their contact and insurance information.
Can I get a doctor’s note saying I will need future medical bills as a part of my compensation?
While you might not need a doctor’s note per say, you will need an expert witness testimony to prove you will need future medical care, therefore will have future medical bills that are due to this injury. In this case the expert witness will be a doctor.
Should I accept the first offer my insurance company offers me?
You should not accept the first offer the insurance company gives you. This will often times be a lowball offer. You will want to have your lawyer negotiate in order to get more compensation for your injuries.
Is my attorney allowed to accept a settlement without speaking to me first?
In Louisiana, your attorney can’t accept a settlement without your consent.
What does the burden of proof refer to?
The burden of proof is when you are in court for your personal injury case, that you have to prove that the negligent action was the direct cause of your injuries.
If the personal injury accident caused me to go into a coma does that change the statute of limitations?
If the person who was injured in the accident fell into a coma, an immediate family member has the option to file a case on their behalf. This is because the injured person does not have the current mental capacity to file on their own. If the coma lasted until after the filing deadline, there is a chance if there was no immediate family to start the personal injury case process, a judge may still be willing to hear the case out. Situations like these are very complicated, if your loved one is in a coma due to a personal injury accident, seek legal advice; or if you have just woken from a coma contact a New Iberia attorney as soon as possible to see your legal options.
Note that this is not legal advice and should not be interpreted as such. For all legal advice, be sure to consult with a real attorney and rely on their guidance alone.