Past practice has included significant Nationally litigated cases, also licensed and handles cases throughout Texas and Louisiana and in other states in association with local counsel.
Jimmy Simien started what would become the Simien & Simien, LLC, firm in 1989. It was his desire to have a firm which could represent injured people and give them the same quality of service and representation as well as level the playing field with large and powerful insurance companies and the commercial and industrial defendants that such ordinary people often found themselves up against. Having experience in litigating in both state and federal courts, the firm represented injured people in big truck accidents, off-shore admiralty and maritime cases, toxic tort cases, class actions, automobile accidents, general personal injury cases, wrongful death and other serious injuries and litigation.
During his tenure with the firm, Jimmy has been chosen by his peers to be section chief of the ATLA Litigation Committee involving CCA (Chromated Cooper Arsenate) Wood, which was pulled from the market based upon legal challenges and regulatory challenges by the firm and others.
Jimmy Simien has also handled complex cases involving serious and debilitating personal injuries, including brain injuries, paralysis, burns and electrocutions. He was selected to be a contributing author to Children and Injuries, (Copyright 2001) which is published by Lawyer and Judges Publishing Inc. Jimmy’s contributions to the book include how to properly prepare and handle these types of catastrophic injury cases. He also has written other articles on environmental and toxic tort issues.
Professional Affiliations And Memberships
- Member of the Baton Rouge Bar Association and the Louisiana Association for Justice
Education And Legal Career
- Graduated McNeese State University with a B.A. in Pre-Law in December of 1978
- Graduated Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center with a JD, Juris Doctorate Degree, in May of 1982
- Significant Personal Injury Cases
- Pharmaceutical Cases
- Individual and class claims, including one that involved the buyout offer to an entire community, involving exposure to hazardous materials and substances.
- An early legal team member representing the State of Louisiana, one of the five key early states to join the “Historic Tobacco Litigation,” which generated a $4.6 billion net recovery for the state with the tobacco companies paying all the state’s legal fees and litigation expenses.