Roy Bergeron, Jr.
About Mr. Roy Bergeron, Jr.
Roy Bergeron, Jr. was born and raised in Houma, Louisiana. Along with his wife Leah (a native of New Iberia, Louisiana) and their two daughters, Roy has been a part of the Baton Rouge community for over fifteen years.
Roy’s outstanding academic achievements include the following:
PAUL M. HEBERT LAW CENTER, LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
Selection as a Senior Editor on the Louisiana Law Review
Numerous academic awards, including Order of the Coif
Earned a Juris Doctor and Graduate Diploma in Civil Law (May 2011), graduating magna cum laude
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY, Baton Rouge, LA
Honors College Sophomore Honors Distinction
Member of the LSU Tiger Marching Band (2002–2006)
Earned a Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies with minors in Political Science and Anthropology (May 2006), graduating summa cum laude
Roy has been admitted and is licensed to practice law in the State Louisiana and before all Louisiana state courts, as well as before all Federal Courts sitting in the State of Louisiana.
Roy's current practice with Simien & Simien focuses primarily on complex litigation, including fraud, bad faith, and other violations of an insurer’s legal obligations; cases involving significant injuries, including wrongful death and traumatic brain injuries; and environmental litigation, including environmental contamination, property damages, toxic torts, and oil and gas litigation.
Before joining Simien & Simien, LLC, Roy was an attorney for the Louisiana Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority, where he represented the State of Louisiana in the Deepwater Horizon oil spill natural resource damage assessment and restoration efforts. While at CPRA, Roy was a member of the team that obtained the largest environmental settlement in United States history, including over $5 billion for restoration of Louisiana’s natural resources damaged by the oil spill.
Roy joined Simien & Simien in March of 2017. Since that time his practice has developed and focused on the representation of individuals and governmental clients with significant monetary claims, bad faith claims, and litigation of other complex legal issues. He has also been involved in the representation of persons suffering serious and permanent injuries and has assisted in all aspects of such cases including their development, investigation, motions practice, and assistance with trials of the same. Roy’s work has required the management of various complex factual matters and legal issues.
Roy looks forward to continuing his work at Simien & Simien and helping its many clients needing legal counsel and assistance in matters pending throughout the State of Louisiana.
- Louisiana Supreme Court and all inferior state courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- All United States District Courts in Louisiana
- John P. Manard Jr., Steven J. Levine, S. Ault Hootsell III, J. Alan Harrell, Roy L. Bergeron Jr., and Evan Dicharry, Case Strategy and Trial Management in Toxic Tort Litigation 167 (Arthur F. Foerster & Christine Gregorski Rolph eds., 2d ed. 2013).
- Roy L. Bergeron, Jr., Recent Developments: Environmental Law, 60 La. B.J. 512 (2013).
- Roy L. Bergeron, Jr., Faith on the Farm: An Analysis of Angola Prison’s Moral Rehabilitation Program Under the Establishment Clause, 71 La. L. Rev. 1221 (2011).
Louisiana State University (2006)
- B.A., Religious Studies (minors in political science and anthropology)
- Graduated summa cum laude
- Member of the LSU Tiger Marching Band (2002-2006)
Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center (2011)
- Magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Senior Edtior on the Louisiana Law Review
Phone: (225) 224-2222